Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaul offensive early game Strategy, not for the faint hearted

Silencer

Default Gaul offensive early game Strategy, not for the faint hearted

Personally this isn't something Rocket science, but seem to be there are some cries for guides so here are some basics

All these are Done and kept to reduce cost for early game farming for you, a gaul who intends to RAID. if u wanna Sim stop here, this isn't for you, none of it is.

before the extras, a gaul should maintain these basic rules of Raiding

-Hit 9 pop target(or below)
    Reason 9 pop or belwo means an inactive
    don't have barracks, trapper nor rat.

- hit it with 3phalanx AT LEAST
    U need at least 3 phalanx to lose 0, try raiding with 2 Phalanx early game and i Assure you, you will love it.

-Use Link Spreadsheet to record Farms and inactives and threats
    reason: u wanna know who you miss and who you hit

-Screw scouts(Gauls early game only, Early as in 1st 2 weeks)
    Reason u have something more important to do then scouting early game

-Screw Trappers(early game)
    Reason The Name Gaul is enough to scare off even a pro unless he has more then 30 Clubs (at least)
    besides they will be busy farming other romans and teutons, and Gaul are normalyl seen as the useless in attack race. so they though...

-Do not make a Cranny
    Reaosn: you want to lose the game!
    Of cause You SHOULD make 1 and make it lvl3-5 at least!
    even a pro uses a cranny. but DO NOT Make more then 1

Now the real thing:

Style 1
    IMPORTANTTART 3rd DAY AFTER server starts(so u know who are active and who are not)
    Start resources:
    750 / 750 / 750 / 750,
    hourly production: 8 / 8 / 8 / 12
    do ur quests!

But not all
    Quest 1&2: Crop, Woodcutter, Clay pit
    Resources left: 560 / 520 / 550 / 620, hourly production: 11 / 11 / 8 / 11

Quest 3&4: Change your village's name, Look for your rank in the statistics
    Resources left: 630 / 610 / 600 / 670, hourly production: 11 / 11 / 8 / 11

Quest 5: Iron Mine
    Resources left: 580 / 590 / 600 / 640, hourly production: 11 / 11 / 11 / 8
    Ok enough Travian, sleep for a while...16 hours should do.
    (after this u will have no chance to sleep long, so pls enjoy this last rest)

16 hours later, Little Gaul Raider wakes up and thinks what to do next, check Warehouse and notices the below:
    Resources left: 760 / 770 / 780 / 770, hourly production: 11 / 11 / 11 / 8

Start building army infrastructure: MB2, MB3, Rally P., Barracks
    Resources left (after main building l.3): 555 / 655 / 605 / 710
    Resources left (after Barracks): 235 / 355 / 255 / 520, hourly production: 11 / 11 / 11 / 1

Quest 6&7: Read your new message, Look for the coordinates of xxx`s village
    Resources left: 295 / 385 / 295 / 610, hourly production: 11 / 11 / 11 / 1

Get 3 phalanx: Some 3h have passed after you started building army infrastructure which brings 30 / 30 / 30 / 0 resources.
    Resources left: 25 / 25 / 160 / 520, hourly production: 11 / 11 / 11 / -2

After u Start raiding, needless to say, u make more friends for ur Phalanx and make warehouse granary and market.
    Other then croplands, avoid other resources on a large scale.
    WHy?
    TT can provide 400% RoR(Rate of Return) At least if its in the Early game.
    The Resource field's RoR is only about 80% (based on lvl 4-6 cropfields)

if u are careful and watch ur crop and NEVER up anything (other then quests) and a lvl1 warehouse lvl1 granary and lvl1 market lvl3 MB and lvl1 Barracks, make a 50 Phalanx, u are on ur way to TT's already...at least half.

After u get ur 50 phalanx, an raid raid raid along the way, make ur crop fields 1st to about 95-99crop production(Total crop production, not written crop production.)
    U need lvl 3 Warehouse lvl 1 Granary lvl 5 Academy lvl 3 BS lvl 3 Stable For TT
    All these structures Eat CROP! and u don't wanna lvl ur BS 1-2 lvls and cry omg i need to up a crop field...Get it DONE EARLY.
    then make ur structures and research TT.

after its researched, continue Phalanx raiding on inactives. After ur 1st TT baby is Born, make another to accompany him. every1 needs a partner^^. after u get 2 TT start raiding with TT's 2 by 2 on not really active persons. can try some mid size (less then 30 pop) Teutons.
    A noob asks: But hay clubbies are at home!?
    I answer: Does clubbies look like they can DEF against Calvary?
    The Noob answers: Club def vs calvary =5 TT atk =90... (and he stays silent)

After u Hit 10 TT's get a hero TT. now u Hit bigger Teutons! (up to 50 or 70pop)
    with ur hero and TT (kill off competition)
    Make 43 TT ur target, why?
    43 TT can carry 800 800 800 800 in 1 hit. and FAST!

after u get 43 TT u rest....GO TO H*** i said no rest! after the 16 hours sleep!(see quest 5 up there)
    after u get 43 TT get scouts! 3-5 should do.
    after that another 43 TT...then another 43 and 43 and 43...and never stop!
    while u continue ur 43's (after scouts) lvl cropfields. before this u Focus ALL resource on army, Phalanx and TT's after scouts are out, start ur Fields, equally split ur resource between TT and resource infrastructures.

If u follow this well, by now no1 and i mean NO1 within 7x7 is anything but Dust and 21x21 are AT LEAST 75% Farms at week2 (u can get TT at end of Week 1 LATEST). Hunt for a Cropper and make a town hall and start ur Clubbing sessions and get ur 2nd village.

The Golden rule however to all guides is this 1 key:
    -ACTIVE
    the best guide in the world can't save U if U sleep a lot.
    For this style of play, 1 week sacrifice or dual is suggested.

I typed this without looking back so if there is a mistake or repeating of point just change it or something....I am new to this forum but not to Travian, 3 years of Experience tells me the style works, especially after the quest thing started.
    Silencer

killer_awp

what is TT??

Silencer

Locally known as Guruh Theutates

In International servers its commonly known as TT due to the name
    (T)heutates (T)hunder

Ominificent

o_O gaul....l think gaul sux at late game ....

Prof Klon

a good guide to start as gaul. thanks.

Bear D Eater

Quote Originally Posted by Ominificent View Post
    o_O gaul....l think gaul sux at late game ....
    o00hh.please..

it depends on the player, even a teuton or romans can be "sux" at late game :P

Ominificent

But if u put a 3 players with equal skill and experience using 3 different race it always goes down to the Teuton leading first follow by roman and lastly gaul.....normally in good condition and hard work the roman guys can catch up back to the Teuton by raiding as much as them and relying on good military unit(If those 3 players are equally good)

Silencer

Quote Originally Posted by Ominificent View Post
    But if u put a 3 players with equal skill and experience using 3 different race it always goes down to the Teuton leading first follow by roman and lastly gaul.....normally in good condition and hard work the roman guys can catch up back to the Teuton by raiding as much as them and relying on good military unit(If those 3 players are equally good)
    3 words to sum up...
    no such thing....

teuton lead, true...
    followed by Gauls if experienced...
    romans always go last due to cost and training time and low carriage.
    Gauls have the Fastest raiders in game....and cheapest settlers...

as mentioned on a lot of places, All races have its benefits and down sides...i can't find an ally that wins without the other races. Contrary to the common thought, most experienced people hate to use romans more then Gauls despite the high choose rate of Romans.Equally good players have Favorite races but no such thing as a lousy race exists.

I prefer to choose gaul when playing in com server. Each tribe have their own adv or disadv. For me, gaul can be good raider, better than teuton if played by exp player.

"Never trust someone with mask"

i think teuton are the race for aggresive player..
    clubbie.. cheap but carry a lot.. plus teuton advantage in raiding that can take 30% out of granny
    but teuton.. sux in defence..

roman good for simcity... fast expansion
    but damm expensive.. merchant sux..
    speciallize army... but too much resource needed to upgrade all

gaul great in defence.. phalanx super defence early game.. TT are amazing... fastest troop...
    offence at the middle... trap useless late game but fantastic early game