Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysian Style (of Gameplay)

Default Malaysian Style (of Gameplay)

It seems kinda weird how on the malaysian servers everyone tends to META and ZERG early by allying with everything that moves. There was even one server where everyone became part of one giant alliance.

Is it because there are no competent leaders who actually have the guts to do anything, people are too lazy to make the effort to try something new or is due to the Malaysian mentality/tendency to follow the herd (aka Cows) rather than have their own way of doing things?

Discuss.
    Last edited by Faquarl; 12-28-2010 at 07:27 PM.
    com8 ['09] - Nouda | Pro Teuton
    com8 - Veritas ('10)| Simming Gaul
    myx - Veritas | (Retired: 20/12/09)
    .MY Mod | .IN MH | .COM Forum God

Point 1 - To avoid early war, which mean war = costly and war = time consuming. It is better to make meta in early game which can guarantee early game safety
    Point 2 - Lack of competitive player. Even you've play Travian for 2 damn-long normal server, some (or lot) players just can't reach above average skill-level, which mean able to survive alone and able to come out with decent game strategy
    Point 3 - ????
    Point 4 - PROFIT!!

"Never trust someone with mask"

Early war actually provides more farming opportunities which in the short term means resources, fewer threats and long term growth with less competition. Allying with everything around you actually diminishes farming returns which slows growth down, which encourages simming which in turn leads to boredom.

Let's say we had this elite 1 wing alliance (60 players) on my4. They have no NAPs/Allies and they can farm anyone they like. Let's say they went up against a noob mega farm alliance like ShoT or NeT. Who do you think will have more fun and gain more valuable experience? The mega zerg who have too many members to manage or the elite wing that takes part in nonstop war/farming of the mega zerg. It's like comparing the giant Brachiosaurus vs a pack of T-rexs that work together to bring down that gentle and slow giant (lol just pulling random dinosaurs out of my bum, not sure if they're from the same time period). Obviously the more aggressive but smaller team will win unless the Brachiosaurus.

Comparison:
    T-Rex = CWL/AoW/MDS/Flock
    Brachiosaurus = Shot/Net/any mega meta with more than 5 wings
    Of course it would need to be a preplanned alliance because from what I can see, not many .MY players are willing to do things on their own without having the backing of their alliance. They need "orders" to do something when they come up against an opponent that is more or less able to fight back.

I've playing my2 first round, and I swear that is the last normal server I'll play here in MY domain, and after that I only play in speed server since it's give more challenge compared to normal server.

Like the earlier post, Malaysian player love take thing easy. Well.. who wouldn't take opportunities to play safe? 1) You did not need to worried about incoming
    2) High pop, low army. Who cares? Nobody cares since no one attacking
    3) l33t high pop, everyone target!

Too many wing simply preparation for WW. If player's target is WW, then they should find as much allied as possible. If player's target is fun, experience, and bloodlust, they should form a group, and rampage without worries.

My respect always goes to myx and ,my1. If you looking real challenge, play speed. But if you can't cope with speed, play my1. This server never failed me. I still remember in my1r1, half server period is filled with war and war. In the end, nobody have decent hammer lol'ed

Lans Koperal

Come one FaQ, I want you to make the first move, if possible. Hahah.

Lol, I'd first need a travian crew with above average skills. In other words vets. To carry out the general warring clan idea, I'd first need to recruit a solid core of veterans and the rest of the membership we can pick up on the server we play on. They don't have to have experience as long they're willing to be active.

The problem with this idea is that:

People I play with on English speaking servers don't want to play on a foreign language server. Even the Indians don't want to try out .MY -.- So that means my core of veterans can't be recruited from the servers I play on.

So instead I'd have to pick up experienced .MY peeps who have the time to try out this gaming style ahead of time before starting a server. Anyone interested?

depends on what server it will be

only moderator work here.why?
    I can"t stop to play.Here.http://www.travian.com.my/?uc=my2_4499.Nape berhenti main.

Gadong boleh!

Spoiler for Kegilaan Rer:
    gi gila
    Spoiler for Lihat saya kalau mau tahu:
    Rer Sabah!
    Spoiler for Details lagi tekan:
    Rer Pedalaman
    Spoiler for Lagi tekan:
    Rer Beaufort
    Spoiler for penat tekan,tinggal satu kali:
    Rer Kampung Lago S.k Gadong
    haha.

Yohoo. Malas.

http://www.travian.com/?uc=comx_172139

satu lagi,http://www.travian.com.my/?uc=myx_13646

Lans Koperal

Whatever it is, you guys have to do something quick. Lol, Sanji, as the co-admin and your confession about our local servers. Man, that's a bit shameful. Seriously, you guys need to think. If it's already done, think harder. Especially on normal servers.

Lol, I'm talking as if I'm playing on one.

P/S, FaQ, I'm too young and stupid to join whatever that you have in your thoughts.
    Last edited by Qazefth; 01-04-2011 at 11:48 PM.

I am no co-admin, I am just Forum Admin which lower than multihunter rank. I am trying my best to make this forum is suitable places for everyone. And I am still trying